met-my

ad

Monday, November 7, 2011

The ACORN Organic Conference and Trade Show

This Friday is Nov 11th, which is a very special day for Canadians and every year, for as long as I remember, we have attended a Remembrance Day ceremony to honour those who have served. Yet, this year, it seems even more important to me. Way back in April, we spent a few weeks exploring France and Belgium and as we enjoyed the typical tourist spots, as well as some that were pretty off-the-beaten-path, we were also following the footsteps of my great-uncle who gave his life in World War I at the tender age of 20. We visited Vimy Ridge, a number of Canadian graveyards, the Juno Beach Centre, Menin Gate and many more of the sites that were involved in both WWI and WWII. It was truly sobering and the courage of these soldiers was and still is extremely inspiring.

The Juno Beach Centre

Vimy Ridge

Now, on a more light-hearted note, after this Friday's ceremony, I will be heading to Dartmouth to speak at the 12th Annual ACORN Organic Conference and Trade Show. My topic, which is near and dear to my heart, is 'Winter Greens - Sprouts, Shoots and Cold Frames'. I'll be speaking at 3:15 and you can click here - ACORN Organic Trade Show to get more information on the event. Hope to see you there!

I'm off to the garden to raise the ends of the mini hoop tunnels and pop the sashes of the cold frames completely open. It's going to be a gorgeous November day and if I don't vent the structures, the veggies will cook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment